Tuesday, February 3, 2009


that previous pic had a bug in it, a bug that happened to make it look way cooler than it should have (and take longer to render)

here is the less cool but bug less image.

I still have to reimplemented virtually all my materials and SSS, but I've decided, after noticing that with some fixes it runs about 1/4 to 1/2 the speed of indigo that my renderer is not completely horrible. when i had the bug that made the image look cool, I realized that all I needed was to spend some time making making cooler scenes for it to render. Well, i'm not going to do that. I currently have no time to do it, and a kinda lame importer, not to mention like no materials as of now. Instead, what i'm going to do is to fix my thin lense camera to work with bidi, add hdri and add bloom. probably on the way, add a shader or two, because i've finally decided upon a material system and it should be easy to do now.

Another idea I've been contemplating is writing a shader that should be able to read user defined shaders and produce corrosponding sampling sets. I'm sure this has been done before, I even remember reading parts of the paper. But I don't have the paper, so I'll just figure it out when I want to.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I found the previous image to be more visually stimulating.

    Regardless, your mystic ways ever intrigue me.